One time events
- Irish jam session, second Sunday (but not in March) at the Brazen Head, from 6:00 to 9:00.
- Contradances in Omaha, 3rd Saturday at Seymore Elementary
- Great Plains Bluegrass and Old Time Association, First Sunday at the VFW
- Orchestra Omaha has about four concerts on Saturday nights through the year.
- Omaha Conservatory of Music sponsors events.
A Contradance is like a square dance. Instead of dancing in a square, you dance in long lines, and couples move up and down the lines. There is almost always a fiddler in the band.
A band plays and then they have a jam session.
Orchestra Omaha is a community orchestra that gives about four concerts per year. One concert features the winners of our concerto competition. Yours truly usually plays viola.
Omaha Conservatory of Music has special events through the year. They call these Inside the Mind of the Artist. Most are free and open to the public.